Warehouse Team Member-Express Operations
The work of a Warehouse Agent includes the following: loading and unloading of cargo on and off of aircraft; the transporting of cargo between terminals and aircraft; the ramp transfers of cargo where required; the receiving, delivering, and physical handling of freight and company material, export at the designated docks, the completion of forms and messages related to and necessary for the performance of the designated locations of the functions described. May be assigned to perform routine cleaning of work areas, ramps, and facilities with or without powered equipment. May be assigned to assist in monitoring security of facility. Comply with WFS site security procedures for assigned warehouse and other operations. Remain cognizant of WFS staff, security contractors, and visitors’ activities and report security breaches, suspicious occurrences, or non-compliance with the site security plan to managers or via the WFS whistleblower program.
- Responsible for moving air cargo within designated warehouse.
- Load and unload cargo from pallets and containers.
- Build up cargo for outbound flights.
- Break down cargo from import flights.
- Facilitate the loading and unloading of cargo to and from semitrucks.
- May operate basic cargo handling equipment such as forklift, aircraft pallets and pallet jacks.
- Check freight for proper piece count, weight, dimensions and documents as appropriate when accepting or delivering cargo.
- May transport cargo to and from aircraft driving 3,000 lb. vehicle using depth perception to negotiate vehicle with attached carts through congested area. Read "off-load" sheets to determine destination of cargo.
- While performing aircraft push-out and/or towing functions, engage in proper specific ground to cockpit communication via hand signals and voice commands, with and without, the assistance of sight or visual aids.
- Ability to understand and react to verbal commands and safety warnings, with and without, assistance of sight or visual aids.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Ability to work in a high-noise level environment.