Brazos Transit District
Position Title: Vehicle Operators, Non-CDL full-time.
Location: Bryan, College Station and surrounding counties: Brenham, Navasota, Leon County; surrounding counties
Salary: $14.00 Hourly
Position Available: Immediately
Qualifications: Must have valid Class C license. Must be able to pass DOT physical and drug screen.
• Operate transit vehicle safely and smoothly to transport passengers.
• D&R operators: According to the schedule of the Mobile Data Terminal (MDT) or printed manifest.
• Assure compliance to all applicable DOT laws and regulations.
• Assists in emergency evacuations as assigned and performs other related work as required.
• Assure cleanliness of vehicles.
• Follow instructions from Dispatch and supervisory personnel and communicate any problems to dispatch.
• Complete daily vehicle pre/post trip inspections. Conducts operational vehicle inspections
• Maintain good customer/employee/supervisor relations.
• Report for duty promptly in proper uniform and physical condition and be ready to work any route assigned.
• Provide information to passengers in a helpful, courteous, efficient manner; use proper etiquette to assist
passengers with disabilities.
• Ensure customer pays proper fares when boarding the vehicle.
• Prepare and complete all required logs and reports including reports on traffic accidents and customer
• Utilize the communication systems (cell phones, radios and MDT’s) in accordance with BTD policies.
• Use correct safety procedures to operate lift, secure wheelchairs, scooters and other assistive devices.
• Immediately notify dispatch of cancellations, no shows, or for directions when having difficulty locating a
Posting Date: 561-2022
Closing Date: Until Filled
Posting #: 5/26/2022
Applications are available at 2117 Nuches Ln, Bryan, Monday-Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., or at www.btd.org. Resumes not accepted in lieu of application.
Brazos Transit District is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, national origin, or physical disability unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification. If you believe you have been discriminated against, you should notify the EEO Officer or the EEO Commission. Brazos Transit District is a Drug & Alcohol-Free Workplace.